The Save Sinjajevina campaign is petitioning the government of Montenegro to cancel a military training ground. Join the campaign this July in Montenegro to save the pasturelands of Sinjajevina & create a protected area co-governed by the local community!
- Friday-Sunday, July 8-10: Participate in World BEYOND War’s #NoWar2022 Conference from Sinjajevina (or on-line wherever you are!).
- Friday, July 8 from 5pm: Travel to the Sinjajevina campsite. Installation of the camp. Dinner with community leaders.
- Saturday, July 9: For the early birds: cow milking and hiking in the mountains. Workshops about Sinjajevina & connection from the mountains to the online global #NoWar2022 Conference. Campfire: dinner, poetry, & music.
- Sunday, July 10: Hike to discover the flora of Sinjajevina & collect flowers for flower-crown making workshop. Visit to Katuns (traditional houses).
- Monday, July 11: Preparation day for Petrovdan! Campers can help or take a free day.
- Tuesday, July 12: This is the most important day to be in Sinjajevina. Petrovdan is the traditional celebration of Saint Peter’s Day at the Sinjajevina campsite (Savina voda). 100+ people gather every year on this day in Sinjajevina. Transport back to Kolašin and Podgorica for those who may need it.
- Wednesday-Thursday, July 13-14: World BEYOND War Youth Summit at the foothills of Sinjajevina with 20-25 youth from the Balkans. Campers can join some of the activities of the summit, hike in the mountains or discover the nightlife of Podgorica.
- Friday, July 15: This is the most important day to be in Podgorica. Save Sinjajevina, accompanied by 100+ Montenegrin supporters & a delegation of international supporters in representation of different NGOs from around the world will travel to the capital of Montenegro (Podgorica) to submit the petition to: the Prime Minister, the Ministry of Defense, and the EU Delegation in Montenegro to officially cancel the military training ground in Sinjajevina. Early morning transport Kolašin-Podgorica.
The camp is 1,800 meters above sea level. Please bring rain gear, warm clothes, a tent, sleeping bag, camping gear, water bottle, and cutlery. If you don’t have a tent or gear, contact us so we can accommodate you.
The community will provide drinking water and lunch and dinner on the 8th, 9th, 10th and 12th.
Please bring additional food for breakfast and snacks and for July 11 (free day) (food that does not require refrigeration and cooking). The organization will provide breakfast and snacks known as “shepherd’s snack,” but just in case, bring something to your liking.
The campsite doesn’t include showers. There is a river, but it has to remain soap-free.
Applications to join the camp must be submitted by July 5 here
The campsite is a 1-hour drive north-west from the nearest town of Kolašin. The closest train station is Kolašin and the nearest airport is Podgorica. By car, it is 6h from Belgrade, 5.5h from Sarajevo, 4h from Pristina, 4h from Tirana and 3.5h from Dubrovnik. Please arrive in Kolašin the 8th OR the 11th of July before 5pm, to allow enough time to be driven in daylight on rough trails up to the camp in Sinjajevina.
Other indications for transport, COVID requirements and other questions, check this full programme.